Thursday, August 11, 2016

BIG NEWS


Heya, lovelies!

First off, I want to apologize for all my indecisiveness. I've always been awful at making decisions, but I like to think this one is coming from the heart! I was so proud of the first published Twisted moreso because I actually finished a book and published it! Now, however, when I compare it to my original idea it just isn't my story. I feel like I've rewritten it entirely, and I guess I was so caught up with finishing it and getting it out there that I forgot the most important thing about writing - is writing what you love.

And I love dark stories!

Also, with the poll I set up last night, and all the response I got in emails and DMs on Twitter, well, to be frank, not one person preferred the published version over the fanfic. Thus, clearly, the people have spoken!

I've made the decision to take the 1st published version down, and around late Fall or the beginning of Winter, put up the new/old version of Twisted, which I can earnestly say that it is indeed the story of Twisted. For those who have read the fanfic - you know what that means.

I've got a manuscript partially written (I say partially written because looking at it, there's going to have to be some major tweaks with some scenes), so I'm going to have the edit the hell out of it, polish it up, and I will use the same cover for the print and Kindle version, but the summary will have to change, too!

But wait - there's more!

So I can't help but feel bad for those who've went out and bought the published version. I feel like in a way they bought a book that wasn't what they thought it was - so I've decided to have another month giveaway before the book comes out.

But here's the catch:

The giveaway will only apply to those who have either won a free book in the other giveaways, or bought their own. We will be using the twitter platform for this, and I will require you to post a photo of the book to prove that you did indeed buy it. I want to give those people a chance to have the REAL Twisted in their hands! More information regarding this will come out as the deadline approaches. But there are the basics for the time being!

I feel in my heart that this is more befitting - I just read the previous manuscript, and my heart swelled because of the characters, of which I changed a lot of in the published version. I can't sit idly by anymore. I know I won't be truly content until it's the Twisted that I know of, and only I know of that!

I'll keep ya'll updated as Fall approaches; my schedule is going to be pretty hectic as of next week - I'm moving into my new apartment, starting my new job the following week, and shortly starting classes again. So yes, I'll have my hands full, which is why I'm projecting it'll take months to have this out - realistically. Anyhow, I hope everyone's having an amazing day! Happy reading!

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment