Tuesday, January 12, 2016

January 12, 2016


Wow, so I almost made the common mistake of titling this in 2015, but caught myself at the last moment! 

Hiya, lovelies! Happy new years!! Another new year coming our way, full of opportunities and, of course, challenges yet to be overcome. How exciting! 

Boy do I have some news for you! The cover design for Twisted has just came in this morning, and though it still has things that need to be tweaked, it is absolutely amazing! I got goosebumps just from looking at it. Once the artist is completely finished with it, I'll give thanks to her properly on here in case any other self-publishing author is looking for a credible cover artist. 

My sister is currently critiquing the manuscript - and it's a bit nerve-wracking but exciting at the same time. Remember last time I said that she critiqued my work and what happened? That I rewrote the entire manuscript? Yeah, I certainly remember that. But luckily this time, there was improvement, so she's not calling for me rewriting anything - she's just helping me with with believablity and characterization, which is actually always fun. I'm so lucky that she's willing to set aside time and help me out on this - and she has been a great help!

The only nail-biter is that my content/developmental editing starts officially the 20th, so I have 8 days now to polish the manuscript the best I can until then. Eight. Days. God help me.

And just to top it off, I start classes on the 20th - so that must be a magical day of some sorts. But anyhow, I hope everyone's enjoying the new year - keep your head up, stay positive, love ya'll! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment