Friday, January 29, 2016

January 29, 2016


Hiya, lovelies!

So things are getting INTENSE! I'm adding last minute ideas while my editor is doing the full-blown content editing. I'm also searching and discovering all kinds of styles and formatting for interior designs, so that's a lot of fun. 

The cover I commissioned from the artist on deviantart didn't come through - she worked hard on it, she came with a lovely piece, but after editing, our styles just didn't mesh. So now I've found another artist who has a bit more experience particularly for book cover designs, so hopefully our ideas come across better! Again, the 1st artist was so nice to work with and so talented, it just turned out I was the first one to commission her to design a book cover, so the fact that this was both of our first times at this made it difficult to communicate what we thought. Hopefully this time things work out better! So far the studio's portfolio looks amazing! In fact, if you want to go take a look, here's their website: http://ebooklaunch.com/ebook-cover-design/

I requested a quote from their Dynamic package, and here are some of the books they've done:


I certainly think these are eye-catching, and according to the package details, they're ultimate goal is to correlate the cover design with essences from the story, so to me, of course, that seems so promising! And they're asking me a lot about my book, to get the gist of what they're working to market, so they've very professional.

So far, self-publishing in itself has been one hell of an experience! I'm still getting my foot in the water, but it's definitely one of those things that you have to learn hands on how to do. You get out there, get connections with all kinds of people (and hopefully discounts hehe), and you find out more and more what you need to produce your product. It's a lot of work, but for me, it's very enjoyable and so very worth it! 

My editor said that she will hopefully have my manuscript ready by March the 3rd, so I'm hoping to have my book out on Amazon and Barnes and Noble around the 20th of March. 

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT! PLEASE READ!

All throughout the month of February, I will be having a #TWISTEDGIVEAWAY !! It will officially begin this Sunday, so keep an eye out for it! I will make the announcement and give way more details about what's happening, I just wanted to give ya'll a heads up on what was coming! 

I hope everyone's having a wonderful day! 

Love, 
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment