Friday, October 9, 2015

WINNER OF PROMPT #1


Hello lovelies!

So the winner for Prompt #1 is Jasmine! I asked for her permission to post her writing on here, so I'm so excited that she granted me that because I just really want ya'll to read what she wrote! Beautifully written and VERY insightful.

And a big congrats to everyone else who sent in their entry!! I will be coming out with a 2nd prompt I think the 17th? As for Jasmine, I will be sending out her prize as soon as I get it finished ;) Anyhow, here's her entry. Happy reading! Hope ya'll are having a great day!

____


I sit at my desk, contemplating what to write.

‘Write about something ugly,’ 
is the one sentence that constantly replays in my head. I can definitely write about something ugly. The world has many ugly traits I would happily bring attention to, but the troubling aspect of the prompt is that I need to find the silver lining of the ugly thing I choose to write on.

I mull over this, and after several minutes, I decide to word vomit the general topic of ugliness, pertaining to the world, and all it’s terrible glory. I’ll clean up the mess afterwards. I hope to find a golden page of writing amongst the chaos, which will soon become evident on the paper situated in front of me.

I best get started. My brows furrow together in concentration as soon as the pen hits in the thin paper.

There is no denying that we all live in an unjust world, a world that finds pleasure in stripping the colour from a child’s cheeks, and gladly disposes of it in a cold, desolate place. A world that enjoys berating the people who only see the beauty in it.

Warfare, hatred, and death constantly hover over people, the same way dark clouds often overwhelm a blue sky. And the devastating realization; is the fact that there is no end. The world is always going to be corrupt; the world is always going to be full of people who are consumed with vindictive and malicious intentions.

But despite all of that, hidden very deep underneath, is the little glow, the little glimmer of hope. Because where there is hate, there is love. Where there is despair, there is hope. There cannot be one without the other, unless we are speaking of Heaven and Hell, in which we aren’t. We are speaking of the bitter solace in between, the place called Earth – The world full of anguish and joy, the world full of hostility that is shouting for unity.

And that would come to be the silver lining of it all. The silver lining of warfare, of cruelty and of hate is the fact that one cannot simply exist without it’s opposite. So in times of heartache and in times of deep despair, remember that each of these horrible things the world has to offer cannot happen unless their opposites are present. And they are, they are burning bright and they are beaming with the word peace.

If they were not, then we would be in our own endless abyss of Hell.

And I cannot stress enough, that that is not the case. We still hold power over the worlds we create. We are alive in this moment, and although it seems we live godless times, there will always be that glimmer of hope, that glimmer of a silver lining, because in this world, one cannot simply thrive without the other.

The darkness cannot exist without the light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment